Please note: The in-person Adult Day Program has been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19. A pilot project is underway to determine the re-opening dates for all locations. Online Social Recreational programs are available to registered clients via the CCD Virtual Social Club as well as monthly Activity Kits which are delivered to their homes.
Are you a senior or adult with needs related to aging, physical and/or cognitive health looking for a social, recreational and supportive atmosphere? Are you presently caring for a loved one and could use an opportunity to take a break? We can help!
Community Care Durham’s Adult Day Programs can provide your loved one with supervised therapeutic programming in a diversified, socially inclusive and secure environment. Our experienced staff and trained volunteers offer a wide variety of activities designed to improve cognitive, social, emotional and physical functions for our clients either in a group setting or based on an individual’s needs.
What takes place at the in-person Adult Day Program?
Nutritious lunches and snacks are provided as well as assistance with Activities of Daily Living including personal care.
A typical day may include:
- Daily Functional Fitness
- Use of Technology including iPads and Smartboards
- Wellness Programs
- Reminiscing/Discussion Groups
- Arts and Crafts
- Educational and Interactive Games
- Outdoor Programs
- Music Therapy
- Entertainment/Special Themed Events
- Multi-age Programs
- Pet Therapy
“Thank you to all of the Day Program staff and volunteers. Since my husband started coming there, he has really come out of his shell and is much happier at home as well. He speaks so highly of you all, and is enjoying himself immensely. It also gives me some time to myself, and I always know he is in good hands!” – Caregiver
“Words can never express my gratitude to the staff and your program. Linda so enjoys going there each Tuesday and Thursday which it gives me a reprieve. I am so grateful for your kindness, your care of the adults and the obvious dedication to those that attend your program. I have and will continue to speak highly of your program. Thank you. – Caregiver
Cost: Please note that due to COVID-19 Community Care Durham has temporarily reduced their hours of operation for the in-person programming at a cost of $24.50 per day. A subsidy may be available to those who qualify. Virtual Programs and Activity Kits are available at no cost.
Transportation: Community Care Durham does offer limited Transportation based on availability. Options can be discussed with staff at the Day Program.
Where are CCD’s in-person Adult Day Programs offered?
- Pickering: 1450 Bayly Street, Unit #6, Pickering
- Clarington: 2440 Hwy. 2, Unit #1, Bowmanville
- Uxbridge: Campbell Drive Professional Bldg., 2 Campbell Drive, Suite #104, Uxbridge
- Whitby: 20 Sunray Street, Unit #3, Whitby
How can I register for an Adult Day Program?
Eligibility to become a CCD Adult Day Program client and participate in either the in-person and/or Virtual program is determined by the Central East Local Health Integration Network Home and Community Care (HCC) Division which refers clients to Community Care Durham.
- To contact a HCC Care Coordinator, please call Toll Free: 1-800-263-3877 or visit healthcarehome.ca.
- For more information on CCD’s Adult Day Program, please call 1-888-255-6680 or complete the online referral form found at Request Service.
On-site tours of an Adult Day Program are currently suspended. Please watch this space for updates.
CCD’s Adult Day Program team also can connect clients with the other integrated community support services offered by Community Care Durham and our partners to support people to live independently in their own homes.
- If you would like to receive more information about CCD services, please call us at 1-888-255-6680 or contact a Community Care Durham office nearest you.
- To download an Adult Day Program flyer, please click on the link below:
Adult Day Program flyer (to be posted)