Please note: This program is currently not taking new clients.
Assistance with light chores or maintaining a residence can help seniors and other individuals retain their independence. Community Care Durham’s Home Help/Home Maintenance program matches self-employed, pre-screened CCD Brokered Helpers with CCD clients, based on client needs, so that they can continue to live safely in their own homes.
- Cost: Fees for Home Help/Home Maintenance services are negotiated in advance between the client and the CCD Brokered Helper.
“The service is very helpful. The Brokered Helper does what they are asked to do and I feel comfortable what my needs are and what needs to be cleaned. My helper does a beautiful job.” – Home Help Client
“I have someone that comes and helps me with my grass and garden, which is very important to me. The house doesn’t look neglected and makes me feel better a little bit. The person does a good job and is very responsible. He is honest and doesn’t try to cheat me.” – Home Maintenance Client
What Home Help/Home Maintenance services are available
Home Help services can include:
- Changing Beds
- General Cleaning/Tidying
- It does not include help with personal care and does not include meal preparation.
- • For Personal Support services, please visit the Assisted Living/Supportive Housing page.
Home Maintenance services can include:
- Grass Cutting
- Snow Shoveling
- Yard Work
- Ground-floor window cleaning
How can I be connected with a CCD Brokered Helper
To connect with a CCD Brokered Helper, please call 1-888-255-6680 or complete the online referral form found at Request Service.
- Community Care Durham assumes no liability or responsibility for services undertaken or arranged between the client and the CCD Brokered Helper.
CCD’s Home Help/Home Maintenance team can connect clients with the other integrated community support services offered by Community Care Durham and our partners to support people to live independently in their own homes.
If you would like to receive more information about CCD services, please call us at 1-888-255-6680 or contact a Community Care Durham office nearest you.
To download a Home Help/Home Maintenance flyer, please click on the link below:
- Home Help/Home Maintenance flyer (to be posted)