Please note: The Home at Last service is ongoing.
Community Care Durham’s (CCD) Home at Last (HAL) service supports adults who require assistance to settle back at home after a hospital stay. CCD’s Personal Support Workers provide the necessary supports to ensure the client’s care and safety as they transition from hospital to home.
- Cost: There is no fee for this service. This service is available to Durham residents being discharged from any hospital within the Greater Toronto Area.
“The PSW was wonderful in settling me back home after my hospital stay. I was very pleased with the care and I especially appreciated that the PSW helped me tidy up my apartment. It has made a positive difference in my outlook.” – HAL client
“Our family is so grateful for the support of the PSWs on the HAL team and the care and compassion they have shown to our mother. They have always been there, throughout all her surgeries, to encourage her to carry on. There are times where I’m not sure how my mother would have managed her appointments and outcomes, if not for this team. This amazing team of caring and dedicated service providers go over and above to extend their expertise to the most vulnerable segment of our society.” – Family member of HAL client
Who is eligible for the HAL service?
This service is available to clients who are:
- Aging, frail or have special needs.
- Require additional settlement support after discharge from hospital.
What is included in the HAL service?
The HAL service may include:
- Driving/accompanying the client home or being at their residence when they arrive home.
- Picking up medications and/or groceries to support their recovery.
- Preparing a small meal on the day of their return.
- Providing personal care and/or homemaking services on the day of their return.
Follow-up is an important component of the HAL service:
- The client will also receive a follow-up call within a week of being settled back home.
- Visits are arranged to check on their well-being if needed.
- The HAL service will also make referrals to other beneficial community support services.
How Can I register for the Home at Last service?
To register for the the Home at Last service, please call 1-888-255-6680 or complete the online referral form found at Request Service.
CCD’s Home at Last team can connect clients with the other integrated community support services offered by Community Care Durham and our partners to support people to live independently in their own homes.
- If you would like to receive more information about CCD services, please call us at 1-888-255-6680 or contact Community Care Durham office nearest you.
- To download a Transportation flyer, please click on the link below:
Home at Last (Coming Soon!)