Please note: Assisted Living & Supportive Housing Services are ongoing during COVID-19.
Community Care Durham’s Assisted Living Services (ALS) and Supportive Housing (SH) services address the needs of high-risk seniors residing at home. Through the provision of personal support, homemaking, regular social interaction, security checks and reassurance services, ALS and SH services can help to reduce unnecessary and/or avoidable Long Term Care admissions and Emergency visits by supporting high risk seniors to live safely and independently at home.
- Cost – There is no fee for Assisted Living or Supportive Housing services
“I wanted the staff at ALS Oshawa to know how grateful I am for everything they do for me- the service is very much appreciated and the staff are all just great. I’m really thankful for all the help I am getting and willing to flow through the times with COVID-19. Some of the tasks have been suspended due to the pandemic but I’ve been very grateful for all the help I’ve been getting regardless of that.” – Dave H. (ALS Client)
“I had a lovely ALS staff visit me today and she helped me out a lot with doing my hair properly. With my hair dressers closed for the past few months I’ve had difficulty doing my own hair and I so appreciated this gesture from the PSW and it made me feel so much better.” – Maria K. (ALS Client)
“I don’t know what I would do without the SH staff. I recently injured my back and all the PSWs have been so gracious and helped me with my housekeeping and personal care. It’s been a stressful time for me but they have made it so worry-free. I really appreciate all the assistance they have given me. – Irene T. (SH Client)
Where are Assisted Living and Supportive Housing services provided?
CCD’s Assisted Living services are offered in a variety of settings, including seniors’ apartments, social housing buildings or even in a senior’s own home from hub locations in Pickering-Ajax, Whitby-Oshawa and Clarington.
- In Durham Region, CCD provides Supportive Housing services at Sunrise Seniors Place and Faith Place, both located in the City of Oshawa.
What is provided by the Assisted Living and Supportive Housing services?
- Personal Support Services: Includes dressing, personal hygiene, assisting with mobility, monitoring medications, and other routine activities of daily living.
- Homemaking Services: Includes shopping, light meal preparation and light, client-centered housecleaning services that support to clients to maintain personal independence safely at home.
- Security Checks: Security visits or reassurance calls to assure health and safety on a scheduled and unscheduled 24/7 basis.
- Care Coordination: Includes coordinating all elements of client care.
How can I receive Assisted Living and Supportive Housing services?
Eligibility for Assisted Living services is determined by the Central East Local Health Integration Network Home and Community Care (HCC) Division which refers clients to Community Care Durham.
- To contact a HCC Care Coordinator, please call Toll Free: 1-800-263-3877 or visit CE-LHIN.
Eligibility for CCD’s Supportive Housing services is based on residency at either Sunrise Seniors Place or Faith Place. Referrals can be made by residents and/or caregivers of residents living in these two facilities:
- To contact Sunrise Seniors Place about applying for housing at their facility, please call 905-432-8416 or visit Sunrise Seniors Place
- To contact Faith Place about applying for housing at their facility, please call 905-576-8619 or visit Faith Place
For more information CCD’s Assisted Living and Supportive Housing services, please call 1-888-255-6680 or complete the online referral form found at Request Service.
CCD’s Assisted Living and Supportive Housing team also can connect clients with the other integrated community support services offered by Community Care Durham and our partners to support people to live independently in their own homes.
- If you would like to receive more information about CCD services, please call us at 1-888-255-6680 or contact Community Care Durham office nearest you.
- To download an Assisted Living and Supportive Housing flyer, please click on the link below:
Assisted Living and Supportive Housing flyer (to be posted)