Foot Care Clinics are available if you require assistance with your foot care due to vision and mobility difficulties, or if you have diabetes. Services are provided by Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) trained in foot care. The goal of the service is to provide basic foot care, and to encourage clients to seek assistance from their own physician when problems are identified that do not fall within the scope of the Foot Care Clinic.
A foot care session takes approximately 15 minutes, and includes the following:
• Cutting nails
• Paring down calluses and heels
• Removal of corns
• Providing a foot massage with lotion
• Basic foot care monitoring
Cost: $20 for the first appointment, and $15 for subsequent appointments.
Foot Care Clinics are available in Brock, Clarington, Scugog, Uxbridge and Whitby. For information on how to access Foot Care Clinics, please call:
• Ajax & Pickering: Foot Care is available to clients who attend our Ajax-Pickering Adult Day Program. For others, please feel free to call (905) 837-0017 for information on where service is available.
• Brock: (705) 432-2900
• Clarington: (905) 623-2261
• Oshawa: Foot Care is provided by the Oshawa Senior Citizens (http://www.oscc.ca/en/things-to-do/foot-care-clinic.asp).
• Scugog: (905) 985-8461
• Uxbridge: (905) 852-7445
• Whitby: Foot Care is available to clients who attend our Whitby Adult Day Program. For others, please feel free to call (905) 668-6223 for information on where service is available.