Want to join one of our Exercise and Falls Prevention classes? These classes maintain and expand exercise levels to improve range of motion and help prevent falls
There is no fee for Exercise & Falls Prevention classes. In Durham Region, two organizations have been identified as preferred providers for exercise and falls prevention classes:
- Oshawa Senior Citizens Centres (OSCC), who are responsible for classes in Oshawa, Whitby and Courtice. You can contact OSCC at: (905) 576-6712 or email@example.com.
- Community Care Durham (CCD), is responsible for classes in Ajax, Pickering, Clarington, Scugog, Uxbridge and Brock. Locations and contact information are listed below.
Classes are open to not only the residents of the facilities listed below, but to members of the community as well, at no cost. If you are a Durham resident and you are interested in joining an Exercise or Falls Prevention class, you are encouraged to contact the local facility hosting a class in your area.
Following is a listing of locations where services are provided by Community Care Durham (through the use of contracted providers). “E” indicates Exercise Classes only, and “E&FP” indicates both Exercise and Falls Prevention Classes:
- Ballycliffe Lodge (E&FP) – (905) 683-7321
- Harwood Manor (E&FP) – (905) 427-2888
- The Lighthouse Retreat (E&FP) – (905) 426-3300
- Adams Retirement Home (E) – (905) 623-7116
- Devonshire Apartments (E) – (905) 623-8737
- Seasons Clarington (E) – (905) 697-9992
- Bon-Air Retirement Residence (E) – (705) 432-2385
- Cannington Lions Club (E&FP) – (705) 432-3322*
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 135 (E&FP) – (705) 432-3322*
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 141 (E&FP) – (705) 432-3322*
- Spruce Haven (E) – (905) 666-6222
* Contact number is for the Brock Community Health Centre
- Abbeylawn Manor (E&FP) – (905) 509-2582
- Altona Road Community Church (E&FP) – (905) 509-1084
- Orchard Villa (E) – (905) 831-2641
- Pickering City Centre (E) – (905) 420-3369
- Parkway Retirement Home (E&FP) – (905) 426-6603
- Port Perry Villa (E&FP) – (905) 985-3312
- West Shore Village (E&FP) – (905) 985-8660
- Brookside Apartments (E) – (905) 668-7711
- Butternut Manor (E&FP) – (905) 852-6777
Any facility interested in adding classes to their schedules is encouraged to visit the Central East Local Health Integration Network (CE LHIN) website.
Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org