CCD is delaying the increase in price of all meals indefinitely during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will notify clients when the price increase will take effect.
If the idea of having a friendly Community Care Durham volunteer deliver hot, healthy and delicious meals to your doorstep sounds good, then our hot Meals on Wheels service may be right for you!
Here is additional information on this service:
- Cost: Each meal costs $7.50, which includes soup, an entrée (meat, two vegetables and a starch (e.g. potatoes, rice, etc.)), bun and/or crackers, and a dessert. Your local office can talk to you about payment methods. There is no charge for delivery.
- Delivery: Hot meals are available Monday to Friday, and are delivered between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Cancellation: If you have to cancel your meal(s), please call the office at least two business days before a delivery. A charge may apply for meals not cancelled (emergencies excluded). If you will not be home and would still like your meal delivered, please call your local office to make arrangements.
- Weather: Our volunteer drivers try their best to deliver your meal, but in order to ensure that our volunteers are safe, during inclement weather your meal may be cancelled. You will be notified by phone if this happens.
- Special diets: We can accommodate some specialized medical diets like diabetic, lactose-free, minced or pureed. Available diet types may vary, depending on the provider.