Community Care Durham realizes this is a challenging time for our community. We are here to serve our community and help people safely get through this unprecedented situation. We care about our community and we are committed to providing support for the most vulnerable. We are all in this together! We’re monitoring the status of COVID-19 closely, and are working with Public Health and other partners to protect the ongoing safety of our staff, volunteers and clients.
Our essential services are ongoing and we are dedicated to providing support during the pandemic. This includes:
- Our Foot Care Clinics have recently resumed across many of our locations, following significant due diligence efforts to ensure client safety.
- Our Assisted Living and Respite Program that provides services to seniors and caregivers in the community.
- We are continuing Meals on Wheels, Telephone Reassurance and Transportation drives with a cost of $10 Minimum/$0.40 per km.
- The COPE Mental Health Telephone Support Groups are ongoing, as well as continuing client assessments over the phone and providing remote case management.
- Our Adult Day Program is now delivered online.
- Our Home Maintenance service is still available.
- Additionally, we developed the NEW Community Food box delivery service for seniors and those who have physical disabilities. Order a Food Box by Thursday for FREE delivery the following Friday.
In the short-term, we have suspended non-essential services to diminish the risk to our clients, staff and volunteers. These services include:
- In-person Adult Day Programs
- Luncheon Out
- Friendly Visiting
- COPE Mental Health In-person Support Groups
- Exercise & Falls Prevention Classes
- Home Help
- For a current list of CCD programs and services, please click on the link below:
All Services List – as of August 2020
- Do you need services from CCD, please call us at 1-888-255-6680 or visit our Request Service page.
- Are you available to volunteer your time to support people to live independently at home, please call us at 1-888-255-6680 or visit our Volunteer page.
- Do you have special needs related to dementia, physical disabilities or brain injury? To make it easier for people to access these vital services, Community Care Durham, together with the Alzheimer Society of Durham Region, the Oshawa Senior Community Centres, Brain Injury Association Durham and Personal Attendant Care Inc., are staffing the new Durham Region Community Services Support Line.
To learn more about how access these services, please call 1-888-332-3133 or download the attached flyer.
Your Support Is Welcome
Community Care Durham (CCD) is a registered charitable organization. Each year, we are privileged to assist more than 12,000 clients and their caregivers to live healthier, independent lives at home.
We depend on the generous support of donors to help us. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding during these difficult and uncertain times.
- To learn more about how you can support us to continue to deliver essential services, please call us at 1-888-255-6680 or visit our Donate page.
- To donate specifically to the new Community Food Box program, please visit our Donate to a Community Food Box page.
- We are continuing to stay safe using Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), however, there is a PPE shortage. Donations are always welcome, please call us at 1-888-255-6680, press 3.