Service Coordinator, Assisted Living Services
Temporary Contract up to 12 months – Part Time (15 hours/week)
This position is responsible for coordinating and scheduling the provision of assigned Assisted Living Services and participating as a member of the Community Care Durham team. Working from the Clarington and Ajax offices, the Service Coordinator is responsible for:
- Scheduling PSW services in support of clients, in consultation with the Manager and Service Coordinators
- Communicating with clients and staff to coordinate scheduled services
- Completing follow-up as delegated; ensuring accurate and confidential documentation
- Liaising with various organizations (e.g., hospitals and medical centres) and individuals in the coordination of service
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases
- Reconciliation of time sheets for input into CIMS
- Promoting Community Care Durham’s services; working within the team to support all services; assisting with Program/Community Care Durham initiatives.
- Post-secondary diploma in human resources/volunteer management and additional courses in gerontology, health or related field / or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated effective communication and organization skills, attention to detail, initiative and accountability for delivering results within deadlines
- Experience in community services and staff / volunteer management
- Intermediate MS Office skills. Knowledge of CIMS an asset.
- Demonstrated record of reliable attendance and punctuality
- Sensitivity to the needs of adults with needs related to aging, mental and physical health
- Satisfactory police vulnerable sector check
- Licensed vehicle and ability to travel within Durham Region
- Must work in a safe manner and promote the health and safety of all staff, volunteers, clients and the community as outlined within CCD policies
Compensation: $20.72-$24.00 per hour (Band C); 4% vacation pay
Please apply in writing referencing posting number 2019-03, outlining qualifications and experience by 4pm Monday January 21, 2019 to:
Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.