Personal Support Worker Team Leads
1 – Scheduled Part Time – 56 hours bi-weekly, overnight shift (11pm-7am)
1 – Scheduled Part Time – 49 hours bi-weekly, evening shift (3pm-11pm)
CCD is looking for experienced Personal Support Workers with leadership experience to help staff solve the problems of the day in our Assisted Living Service Program. Under the direction of the Program Manager, and working cooperatively with the Service Coordinator, the PSW Team Lead serves as a resource for the Program Team. The PSW Team Lead will help achieve program objectives and as a staff PSW implement the role of a PSW, keeping current in his/her profession.
The PSW Team Lead works with the Service Coordinator to ensure staffing arrangements, complete client consultations and assessments, complete documentation and provide administrative support as needed. As a staff PSW the PSW Team Lead will also plan, implement and evaluate clients’ needs, assist with clients’ activities of daily living, including client transfers and complete client documentation as required.
We are currently seeking two PSW Team Leads to cover the overnight and evening shifts at our locations in Oshawa and Whitby respectively. The PSW Team Leads work rotating weekends and must be willing to accept shifts during any part of a 24-hour day, 7 days per week and must be willing to work out of any CCD service location within Durham Region.
- Graduate from a recognized Personal Support Worker program or acceptable equivalent (e.g., RPN) with experience providing care within the community setting
- Experience with team leading
- Eligible and willing to register with the PSW Registry of Ontario
- Current Standard/Emergency First Aid with Level C CPR
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Licensed vehicle and the ability and willingness to drive within Durham Region
- Maintenance of class G Ontario driving licence and clean Drivers Abstract with personal automobile insurance of at least $1,000,000 and appropriate business-use coverage as required by personal automobile insurance carrier (if required to drive clients)
- Comfortable working alone in the community (supervisor or Service Coordinator on call)
- Experience supporting clients in the community
- Sensitivity to the needs of the frail elderly and persons with disabilities, including challenges in cognition
- Physical ability sufficient to perform client transfers and activities of daily living and able to lift approximately 50 lbs., bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run
- Must be willing and able to work throughout Durham Region in the various Respite services
- Must be willing and able to provide fill-in coverage at any point during the 24 hour period on an as needed basis
Compensation: $19.00 per hour; 3 weeks’ vacation per year of work (based on hours worked); 13 paid (including stat) holidays; health, insurance and pension benefits when eligible.
Please apply in writing referencing posting 2018-40, with shift preference noted by 4pm Wednesday November 14, 2018, outlining qualifications and experience to: Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.