Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Full Time Temporary Contract (35 hours/week – up to one year)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and creative team player with hands on expertise in marketing and communications to join our Corporate Services team. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be involved in developing and implementing marketing and communications strategies that support community relations and public awareness of the services Community Care Durham provides.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the overall production of materials for both online and print use, managing the CCD website and social media channels, attending awareness and fundraising events, researching and preparing proposals for grants and fundraising activities, managing CCD’s annual donation campaign and supporting CCD’s annual Walk for Mental Health Awareness.
- Successful completion of post-secondary degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism or related field
- Have at least three years’ experience in marketing, relationship building, partnership engagement, and/or communications as well as grant writing, proposal development and fundraising
- Experience developing websites with the ability to do on-going maintenance/updates; data management: collecting, recording and reporting
- Strong writing, proofreading and copy-editing skills, with experience crafting feature stories, e-newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, reports and social media content
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience using WordPress, HTML and Google Analytics
- Demonstrated ability in using advance design software to support publishing and promotional material, with a portfolio of prior work to demonstrate digital/creative designs (e.g. Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and other design tools)
- Ability to travel within Durham Region
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Compensation: $24.23-28.06 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Please apply in writing referencing posting 2019-42 outlining qualifications and experience by 4pm Friday September 27, 2019 to: Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.