Canada Summer Jobs
Human Resources Assistant
We welcome an energetic individual to join our Human Resources Team this summer as a Human Resources Assistant!
Community Care Durham’s Human Resource Team supports the organization as a whole including staff, managers, and directors in such areas as recruitment and selection, orientation and on-boarding, health and safety, education and training, policy review and development, and benefits and compensation to name a few.
In this role, you will assist Human Resources in meeting CCD’s recruitment and selection process through the preparation of job postings, pre-screening, participating in interviews and following up with references. You will also assist in the daily duties of maintaining employee files through the updating or the information management systems. You will also be part of various HR projects and initiatives.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience in/exposure to HR fundamentals and practices
• Apply strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrate sensitivity and compassion to others
• Utilize Microsoft Office Programs efficiently
• Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (as age appropriate)
• Have access to a vehicle (as available)
Canada Summer Job Requirements:
• Must be considered a Youth, between the ages of 15-30 at the start of employment
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
• Possess a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
Summer positions are conditional on Community Care Durham receiving funding from Canada Summer Jobs.
Compensation, Hours & Duration: $14.25 hour plus 4% vacation
June to August–up to 12 weeks 35 hours per week.*
(General office hours 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
* Duration and weekly hours may change due to funding approval
Please apply in writing referencing posting number CSJ-HR-01, outlining qualifications and experience by
4pm Friday April 12, 2019 to:
Human Resources, Community Care Durham