Director of Finance
Full-Time (35 Hours/Week)
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance develops and manages Community Care Durham’s (CCD’s) Finance, Budgeting and Reporting; provides advice and guidance to the Executive Director and Directors Team to ensure consistency in the application of Finance policies, practices and procedures. The Director maintains a network of key external stakeholders.
As a member of the senior management team the Director handles responsibilities that are wide ranging and require an effective senior manager to be capable of discharging competing priorities and developing high level skills and knowledge of many multi discipline areas.
The Director actively develops, supports and implements CCD’s strategic and operational plans in accordance with the organization’s mission. The Director leads a staff team to ensure excellence in the delivery of services that support all of CCD’s operational activities.
- Current Chartered Professional Account (CPA) designation required
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in finance and business administration, hands on reporting and analysis, including five (5) years at the senior management level
- Solid expertise in Ontario Health Care Reporting Standards (OHRS);
- Sound knowledge of Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) accountability reporting requirements
- Thorough knowledge of non-profit administration; quality improvement principles and practices in the not-for-profit sector; risk management; working knowledge of administrative and human resources practice and procedures; experience in developing and implementing management policies with a broad range of management of services within delegated areas of responsibility
- Advanced know of Excel applications and hands on business intelligence software report creation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Effective priority setting and decision making skills; attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- An inclusive and proactive management style with a commitment to excellent customer service
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Ability to travel within Durham Region regularly, and the GTA occasionally
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience; three (3) weeks’ vacation; Group Health & Insurance Benefits, Health Care Spending Account, Pension/Retirement Savings Plan
Please apply in writing referencing posting 2018-42, outlining qualifications and experience to:
Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.