Personal Support Worker Team Lead Positions
1 – Scheduled Part Time 49 hours bi-weekly, daytime shift (7am-3pm)
1 – Scheduled Part Time 49 hours bi-weekly, evening shift (3pm-11pm)
We are looking for experienced Personal Support Workers to assume PSW Team Lead roles in our Assisted Living service to cover the morning and evening shifts. Preference will be given to those who have a demonstrated reliable record of attendance and punctuality.
The Assisted Living PSW Team Lead serves as support for the PSW staff under the supervision of the Assisted Living Program Manager, and works in cooperation with the Assisted Living Service Coordinator to ensure staffing arrangements. The PSW Team Lead also provides assistance to clients, including personal care, homemaking; security checks; and assisting with routine living activities, in accordance with Community Care Durham’s policies and procedures. Reporting to the Program Manager, the positions are currently scheduled at the Oshawa and Whitby Assisted Living locations. Community Care Durham reserves the right to schedule staff throughout Durham Region and reschedule based on client and program needs.
- Personal Support Worker certificate, or acceptable equivalent (e.g., RPN)
- Experience in the community and Assisted Living program
- Must be willing and able to work out of any Assisted Living program site
- Willing and able to perform client transfers and activities of daily living; lift up to 50 lbs., bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk and/or run
- Must be willing and able to provide fill-in coverage at any point during the 24 hour period on an as needed basis
- Physical ability sufficient to assist with client transfers and activities of daily living
- Must work in a safe manner and promote the health and safety of all staff, volunteers, clients and the community as outlined within CCD policies
- Sensitivity to adults with needs related to aging, physical and/or mental health, including challenges in cognition
- Licensed vehicle and the ability and willingness to drive within Durham Region with $1 million public liability insurance; class G Ontario licence; clean Drivers Abstract
- Current first aid certificate
- Cell phone and data plan
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Demonstrated record of reliable attendance and punctuality
- Comfortable working alone in the community (with supervisor on call) and/or as part of a team
Compensation: $19.00 per hour; 3 weeks’ vacation per year of work (based on hours worked); 13 paid (including stat) holidays; health, insurance and pension benefits when eligible.
Please apply in writing referencing posting number 2018-30, outlining qualifications and experience to: Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.