Casual Personal Support Workers
Access to Primary Care & Home At Last
Community Care Durham is looking for experienced Personal Support Workers (PSWs) to provide assistance to clients in our Home at Last and Access to Primary Care services. This includes assisting clients with activities of daily living and transportation of clients in the PSWs vehicle as required in addition to providing settlement services to clients on return home.
HOME AT LAST
The “Home At Last” (HAL) Program has been established to assist with timely and safe discharge of hospital patients to their homes in situations where their family or caregiver is not available to transport them home when they are due to be discharged. The HAL PSW provides transition assistance to clients, including transportation from hospital to home and settlement services in the home.
ACCESS TO PRIMARY CARE
The PSW provides safe and escorted transportation to scheduled appointments, assistance in the client’s home preparatory to appointments and resettlement of the client in the client’s home following appointments.
- Personal Support Worker certificate or RPN with current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Previous experience in the community setting
- Satisfactory current criminal reference check including vulnerable sector screening
- Sensitivity to the needs of adults with needs related to aging, physical and/or mental health
- Ability and willingness to accept assignments on short notice and drive within Durham Region regularly and on occasion to the GTA and outside the Durham Region
- Physical ability sufficient to assist with client transfers and activities of daily living including toileting and hygiene (able to lift approximately 50 lbs., bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk and/or run)
- Must work in a safe manner and promote the health and safety of all staff, volunteers, clients and the community as outlined within CCD policies
- Cell phone with internet access and use of licensed vehicle with $1,000,000 public liability insurance; maintenance of a class G Ontario driving licence and a clean Drivers Abstract along with the ability and willingness to drive within Durham Region
Compensation: $18.17 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Please apply in writing referencing posting number 2017-10, outlining qualifications and experience by 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 31, 2017 to: Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.