Manager, Adult Day Programs & Exercise and Falls Prevention
Temporary Contract up to 12 months — Full Time (35 hours/week)
Reporting to the Director of COPE and Specialized Geriatrics, and in cooperation with the LHIN Home and Community Care, the Manager, Adult Day Programs and Exercise and Falls Prevention manages the provision of services, provides supervision and leadership to Day Program Coordinators, Recreationists, Volunteers, Students and, Service Providers, and ensures that the program objectives are met.
The Adult Day Programs provide caregiver relief to families and at the same time provides a social outlet to the member. This service provides respite for caregivers responsible for caring for adult family member who have needs related to aging and/or are coping with the effects of dementia. Sites are located in Clarington, Pickering, Uxbridge and Whitby. They offer a safe and comfortable setting for members to enjoy a wide array of social and recreational activities, nutritious lunch, refreshments, and assistance with activities of daily living.
Exercise and Falls Prevention offers group exercise and falls prevention classes for older adults in multiple community settings. Community Care Durham manages and oversees the delivery of these classes with contracted qualified service providers in select areas of Durham Region.
Community Care Durham requires an experienced manager to support the delivery of both these services.
The Manager provides leadership and management of these programs and works in partnership with the LHIN, Day Program Coordinators, Recreationists, Volunteers and Service Providers, along with other CCD Managers as an effective member of our team. In addition, the Manager, Adult Day Programs and Exercise and Falls Prevention must be able to travel within Durham Region daily.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Recreation, Gerontology or related fields with a minimum of two years of directly related experience in a management role;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of community support services: knowledge of healthcare and community support resources in Durham Region; scheduling and human resources management and Food Safety for quantity food preparation
- Sensitivity to adults with needs related to aging, physical and/or mental health
- Familiarity with appropriate environmental health and safety practices including infection prevention and control practices (hand hygiene, safe food handling) and safe lift techniques
- Experience in client assessment, problem solving and documentation
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; tact and diplomacy; facilitation and negotiating skills; initiative and flexibility
- Ability to organize work and set priorities; ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills
- Licenced vehicle and the ability to travel within Durham Region required
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must work in a safe manner and promote the health and safety of all staff, volunteers, clients and the community as outlined within CCD policies
Compensation: $ 31.51 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Please apply in writing referencing posting number 2017-22, outlining qualifications and experience by noon Friday, December 29, 2017 to: Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.