In the fall of 2017, Community Care Durham (CCD) embarked on a refresh of its Strategic Plan. As stakeholder input is essential to this process, CCD held four Focus Group sessions including internal and external participants, such as clients and caregivers, staff, volunteers, community partners and peer agencies, hospitals, municipal and regional government representation, and funding bodies. In addition, a thorough scan of the external environment was completed.
Stakeholders were asked to provide their perspectives on what they identified as CCD’s unique strengths, what CCD could do to improve services to clients and their caregivers, and how CCD could become a better community partner within the home and community support sector. Information from these sessions was used to refine CCD’s Vision, Mission and Values to retain the rich traditions of its past, while incorporating the ideal future vision.
“Supporting People, Strengthening Community”
With coordinated networks of volunteers and staff, enrich the well-being and quality of life for people who choose to live at home.
Communities where people are enabled to maximize their independence and thrive where they choose to live.
- Treating one another with Respect, including Respect for the diverse nature of our communities
- Delivering Compassionate care
- Providing services in a way that upholds the Dignity of those we serve
- Supporting people so they can continue to live Independently and Safely at home
- Ensuring that we act with Integrity in all of our relationships, our services and our Mission
- Creating solutions that are Responsive and Adaptive to the needs of our clients and their caregivers
- Providing an environment for staff and volunteers that is Supportive and Safe