The Adult Day Program has been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.
Please check out the CCD Virtual Social Club. Staff from the ADP are offering up a daily dose of activities and good clean fun. People are invited to visit daily to access a variety of word games, exercise links, videos and educational links for ADP clients and their families to enjoy. All our welcome.
Do you know a senior who is lonely or needs some activity, or a caregiver who needs a break? We can help!
Community Care Durham’s Adult Day Programs is a social outlet for your loved one, and provides you with some caregiver respite. If you are caring for an adult family member who has needs related to aging, and/or is coping with the effects of dementia, the Adult Day Program can provide trusted relief. Staff and trained volunteers provide a safe and comfortable setting for your loved one to enjoy a wide range of recreational, educational and social activities, either in a group setting or on an individual basis. A typical day may include many of the following: crafts, card/board games, cooking/baking, discussing current events, entertainment, exercises, gardening, individual activities of personal choice, music programs, inter-generational programs, pet therapy, special events, special lunches, guest speakers, videos and more. Nutritious lunches and snacks are included.
Benefits of the Adult Day Program:
• Helps your loved one improve or maintain their level of independence while remaining in the community;
• Offers the opportunity to socialize and benefit from peer support in a stimulating environment;
• Provides caregiver relief.
Cost: $29.50 per day. A subsidy may be available to those who qualify.
Transportation: Adult Day Programs are available to all Durham residents. Transportation options can be discussed with staff at the Day Program.
Adult Day Program Locations:
• Pickering: 1420 Bayly Street, Unit #6, Pickering, L1W 3R4, 905-420-5010 (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
• Clarington: 2440 Hwy. 2, Unit #1, Bowmanville, L1C 0K6, 905-623-2261 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
• Uxbridge: Campbell Drive Professional Bldg., 2 Campbell Drive, Suite #104, Uxbridge, L9P 1H6, 905-852-7222 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
• Whitby: 20 Sunray Street, Unit #3, Whitby, L1N 8Y3, 905-668-6223 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
If you are interested in an on-site tour of an Adult Day Program, please contact one of the locations listed above to book an appointment.