The Adult Day Program has been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.
Since March CCD has supported its Adult Day Program clients with online Social Recreation programs. Now clients can also receive Activity Kits delivered to their homes. Please check out the CCD Virtual Social Club. Staff from the ADP are offering up a daily dose of activities and good clean fun. People are invited to visit daily to access a variety of word games, exercise links, videos and educational links for ADP clients and their families to enjoy. All are welcome.
Do you know a senior who is lonely or needs some activity, or a caregiver who needs a break? We can help!
Community Care Durham’s Adult Day Programs is a social outlet for your loved one, and provides you with some caregiver respite. If you are caring for an adult family member who has needs related to aging, and/or is coping with the effects of dementia, the Adult Day Program can provide trusted relief. Staff and trained volunteers provide a safe and comfortable setting for your loved one to enjoy a wide range of recreational, educational and social activities, either in a group setting or on an individual basis. A typical day may include many of the following: crafts, card/board games, cooking/baking, discussing current events, entertainment, exercises, gardening, individual activities of personal choice, music programs, inter-generational programs, pet therapy, special events, special lunches, guest speakers, videos and more. Nutritious lunches and snacks are included.
Benefits of the Adult Day Program:
• Helps your loved one improve or maintain their level of independence while remaining in the community;
• Offers the opportunity to socialize and benefit from peer support in a stimulating environment;
• Provides caregiver relief.
Cost: $29.50 per day. A subsidy may be available to those who qualify.
Transportation: Adult Day Programs are available to all Durham residents. Transportation options can be discussed with staff at the Day Program.
Adult Day Program Locations:
• Pickering: 1420 Bayly Street, Unit #6, Pickering, L1W 3R4, 905-420-5010 (8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
• Clarington: 2440 Hwy. 2, Unit #1, Bowmanville, L1C 0K6, 905-623-2261 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
• Uxbridge: Campbell Drive Professional Bldg., 2 Campbell Drive, Suite #104, Uxbridge, L9P 1H6, 905-852-7222 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
• Whitby: 20 Sunray Street, Unit #3, Whitby, L1N 8Y3, 905-668-6223 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
If you are interested in an on-site tour of an Adult Day Program, please contact one of the locations listed above to book an appointment.