The Exercise & Falls Prevention Classes have been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.
Want to join one of our Exercise and Falls Prevention classes? These classes maintain and expand exercise levels to improve range of motion and help prevent falls.
There is no fee for Exercise & Falls Prevention classes. In Durham Region, two organizations have been identified as preferred providers for exercise and falls prevention classes:
- Oshawa Senior Citizens Centres (OSCC), who are responsible for classes in Oshawa, Whitby and Courtice. You can contact OSCC at: (905) 576-6712 or email@example.com.
- Community Care Durham (CCD), is responsible for classes in Ajax, Pickering, Clarington, Scugog, Uxbridge and Brock. Locations and contact information are listed below.
Classes are open to not only the residents of the facilities listed below, but to members of the community as well, at no cost. If you are a Durham resident and you are interested in joining an Exercise or Falls Prevention class, you are encouraged to contact the local facility hosting a class in your area.
Following is a listing of locations where services are provided by Community Care Durham (through the use of contracted providers). “E” indicates Exercise Classes only, and “E&FP” indicates both Exercise and Falls Prevention Classes:
- The Lighthouse Retreat (E&FP) – (905) 426-3300
- Westney Gardens (E&FP) – 1-844-573-8372
- Bowmanville Creek Retirement Community (E&FP) – (905) 623-8228
- Seasons Clarington (E&FP) – (905) 697-9992
- Cannington Baptist Church (E&FP) – (705) 432-3322*
- Beaverton Royal Canadian Legion Branch 135 (E) – (705) 432-3322*
- Sunderland Royal Canadian Legion Branch 141 (E) – (705) 432-3322*
* Contact number is for the Brock Community Health Centre
- Abbeylawn Manor (E&FP) – (905) 509-2582
- Altona Road Community Church (E) – (905) 509-1084
- Orchard Villa (E) – (905) 831-2641
- Pickering City Centre (E) – (905) 420-3369
- Parkway Retirement Home (E&FP) – (905) 426-6603
- V!VA Pickering Retirement Community (FP) – (905) 831-2088
- Port Perry Villa (E) – (905) 985-3312
- Port Perry Seniors Club (E) – (905) 982-2192 (Participants must be a member of the Port Perry Seniors Club)
- West Shore Village (E) – (905) 985-8660
- Butternut Manor (E) – (905) 852-6777
- Douglas Crossing Lifestyle Communities (E&FP) – 289-640-1922
- Testa Heights (FP) – (905)-852-2534
Any facility interested in adding classes to their schedules can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions may be directed to: email@example.com.