“We make a living by what we get,
but we make a life by what we give.”
A Community Of Giving
Community Care Durham (CCD) is a registered charitable organization. We offer a broad range of services to adults and their caregivers who have needs related to aging, physical and/or mental health.
Each year, we are privileged to assist more than 12,000 clients and their caregivers to live healthier, independent lives at home.
We depend on the generous support of donors to help us. While many of our services are supported by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care through the Central East LHIN, much of our work is only possible because of corporate and individual donors like you. Your donation, no matter how big or small, will make a difference to someone in your community.
What Difference Can I Make?
A lot. Every single donation provides assistance to clients and caregivers who reach out to Community Care Durham for help.
Here are some examples of what your gift can do for a client:
- $38 provides seven delicious Meals on Wheels entrees to a senior. Your $400 donation will help a senior with the cost of Meals on Wheels for three months.
- $60 provides home help (light houskeeping) twice a month. Your donation of $720 provides this service to a senior for a whole year.
- $76 provides four hours of in-home personal support work assistance for personal care, activities of daily living, social interaction, meal preparation and light housekeeping
- $116 allows a client to attend an Adult Day Program once a week for a month, providing a safe, comfortable setting for the client to enjoy a wide range of social and recreational activities, along with refreshments
Please consider what your donation can do for someone in your community. Your kindness and generosity are greatly needed and appreciated!
Where Does My Gift Go?
You can direct your donation to a Community Care Durham location of your choice, or permit us to direct your gift where it is most needed.
Community Care Durham makes it easy for you to donate, in a way that meets your financial goals.
Please consider making a:
- One-time donation
- In Memory or Tribute Gift
- Monthly donation
- Corporate donation or sponsorship
For detailed information, please go to our “Ways to Donate” page.
How Do I Donate?
1) By cheque
Cheques can be dropped off or mailed to your local Community Care Durham office or to our General Administration office located at:
Attention: Lis Pedersen, Finance Department
Community Care Durham
16100 Old Simcoe Road
Port Perry, Ont
2) Online by Canada Helps
You can also make a donation online through Canada Helps – a safe, easy and secure way to give money. This is also a great way to make a pledge to support the Annual Walk for Mental Health Awareness, held every year in June (click the Events button for more details). You can donate to CommunityCare Durham through Canada Helps by going to our online donation form.
3) By Phone
If you would prefer to talk to someone at Community Care Durham to make your donation, please call Lis Pedersen, Finance Department at (905) 985-5785 and she would be pleased to assist you.
Charitable Registration Number
Community Care Durham is a registered not-for-profit charitable organization. Our Registration number is #11888 9955 RR0001
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lis Pedersen, Finance Department at (905) 985-5785.