Van Driver, Home Support Program, Ajax-Pickering
Community Care Durham requires a casual Van Driver for client transportation within Ajax-Pickering. The driver must be sensitive to the needs of high-needs clients, and the needs of adults with needs related to aging, mental and physical health, and must be able to assess and deal with variable road and weather conditions.
The Van Driver operates Community Care Durham’s vehicles in compliance with the Ontario Highway Traffic Act and Regulations, provides transportation for clients, assists with pickup and delivery of program supplies and participates as an effective member of the staff team.
Within Community Care Durham’s policies and procedures:
- Provides safe, courteous, door-to-door transportation service for clients
- Assists with ambulation and transfers on and off the van
- Provides client supervision and alerts the office of any concerns about clients
- Provides respectful social interaction for the individual
- Maintains a safe environment, keeps the vehicle clean, tidy; ensures fuel and other fluid levels adequate
- Performs a daily circle check of the vehicle; ensures that the van has preventative maintenance inspections at designated intervals
- Works with program staff to develop and manage routes
- Completes accurate documentation related to transportation service
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage route schedules and records
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to do routine maintenance and safety checks of vehicle
- Knowledge of the local communities and surrounding road systems
- Demonstrated physical ability to assist client with high needs in a safe manner
- Dependable and able to work variable hours
- Sensitivity to the needs of adults with needs related to aging, mental and physical health
- Must work in a safe manner and promote the health and safety of all staff, volunteers, clients and the community as outlined within CCD policies
- We will require documentation to support: Valid Ontario Class G License, clean Drivers Abstract, clear and current Police Vulnerable Sector Check , current certification in CPR and First Aid, and statement of health from physician
Compensation: $ 15.67 per hour plus 4 % vacation pay.
Please apply in writing referencing posting number 2018-48, outlining qualifications and experience by 4pm Wednesday November 14, 2018 to: Human Resources, Community Care Durham, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.