Full Time – 35 hours per week
This position is responsible for coordinating and scheduling the provision of assigned Assisted Living Services/In-Home Respite and participating as a member of the Community Care Durham team. The Service Coordinator is responsible for:
Coordinating client service provision by:
- Implementing and evaluating services, in consultation with the Manager, to meet client needs.
- Completing client assessments and follow up as delegated – trained in completion of RAI-CHA assessments
- Resolves customer problems defining issues, tracing problems and determining solutions based upon established procedures.
- Liaising with various organizations in the coordination of service provision.
- Maintaining statistical data, billings and collections.
- Incident reports.
Providing staff/volunteer management by:
- Assisting with orientating, training and recognition of staff/volunteers & students.
- Scheduling staff/volunteer/student’s activities.
- Supporting and monitoring volunteer/students’ performance or staff service delivery.
Promoting community involvement by:
- Promoting Community Care Durham’s services.
- Assisting with office/program/Community Care Durham initiatives.
- Recommends improvements regarding service provision or office administration
- Provides Emergency Back UP and Coordination Support.
- Post-secondary diploma in related field (i.e Human Services, gerontology, health or related field/ or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in community support services and scheduling.
- Demonstrated effective communication and organization skills, attention to detail, initiative and accountability for delivering results within deadlines.
- Intermediate MS Office skills. Knowledge of CIMS an asset.
- Sensitivity to the needs of adults with needs related to aging, mental and physical health.
- Satisfactory police vulnerable sector check.
- Licensed vehicle and ability to travel within Durham Region.
- Must work in a safe manner and promote the health and safety of all staff, volunteers, clients and the community as outlined within CCD policies.
- RAI CHA assessment tool an asset
Start Rate: $20.07 per hour; 3 weeks’ vacation per year of work; 11 paid (including stat) holidays; Group Health & Insurance Benefits, Healthcare Spending Account, and Pension/Retirement Savings Plan when eligible.
Please apply in writing referencing posting number 2020-18, outlining qualifications and experience by 4pm Wednesday, February 26, 2020 to: Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: email@example.com