Canada Summer Jobs
Respite Program Assistant (Pickering)
We welcome a motivated team player to join our In-Home Respite Program this summer as a Respite Program Assistant!
The In-Home Respite program provides much needed caregiver relief for those caring for a loved one with needs relating to aging, physical and/or mental health, to alleviate caregiver burnout and illness. Personal Support Workers provide service delivery and ensure the safety and security of our clients.
In this role, you will provide service to clients with varied needs (needs of the elderly, persons with disabilities, persons with mental health concerns and their caregivers) through client needs assessments and by acting as the point of contact liaison for providing general information to clients, staff and the public. Office support involves maintaining filing, updating reference and resource material, analyzing statistical data and data entry in our Client Information Management System.
The successful candidate will:
- Apply strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate sensitivity and compassion to others
- Utilize Microsoft Office Programs efficiently
- Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (as age appropriate)
Canada Summer Job Requirements:
- Must be considered a Youth, between the ages of 15-30 at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
- Possess a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
Summer positions are conditional on Community Care Durham receiving funding from Canada Summer Jobs.
Compensation, Hours & Duration: $14.25 hour plus 4% vacation
May to July–up to 8 weeks 35 hours per week.*
(General office hours 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
* Duration and weekly hours may change due to funding approval
Please apply in writing referencing posting number CSJ-RESP-01,
outlining qualifications and experience by 4pm Tuesday, March 31, 2020.