Canada Summer Jobs
Home Support Program Assistant (Clarington)
We welcome an ambitious reliable individual to join our Home Support Program this summer as a Home Support Program Assistant!
The Home Support Program coordinates and delivers a wide range of community support programs to our clients such as, Meals on Wheels, Transportation, Foot Care Clinics, Luncheon Outs, Home Help and Maintenance and more. In this role, you will be the point of contact liaison providing general information to clients, staff and the public. You will be responsible for Meals on Wheels service delivery, assisting with other service desks, maintaining filing, reference and resource material, statistical data, data inputting, marketing specific programs and preparing correspondence. You will also have the opportunity to develop connections with various offices and other organizations while coordinating services.
The successful candidate will:
- Apply strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate sensitivity and compassion to others
- Utilize Microsoft Office Programs efficiently
- Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (as age appropriate)
- Have access to a vehicle
Canada Summer Job Requirements:
- Must be considered a Youth, between the ages of 15-30 at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
- Possess a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
Summer positions are conditional on Community Care Durham receiving funding from Canada Summer Jobs.
Compensation, Hours & Duration: $14.25 hour plus 4% vacation
May to August–up to 16 weeks 35 hours per week.*
(General office hours 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
* Duration and weekly hours may change due to funding approval
Please apply in writing referencing posting number CSJ-HS-02,
outlining qualifications and experience by 4pm Tuesday, March 31, 2020.