Canada Summer Jobs
Home Support Program Assistant
We welcome an ambitious reliable individual to join our Home Support Program this summer as a Home Support Program Assistant!
The Home Support Program coordinate and deliver a wide range of community support programs to our clients such as, Meals on Wheels, Transportation, Foot Care Clinics, Luncheon Outs, Home Help and Maintenance and more. In this role, you will assist staff and volunteers with service delivery as well as have an opportunity to develop and implement a program that helps to reduce social isolation amongst seniors in the north Durham area. This role will allow you to collaborate with other CCD staff and senior clients to come up with a plan that would best suit the needs and interests of our clients. You will develop a marketing strategy to provide awareness of the program to the local communities. You will be responsible for keeping accurate records, statistical reporting, budget management and updating the Client Information Management System to analyze and measure the success of the program.
The successful candidate will:
• Apply organizational and strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrate sensitivity and compassion to others
• Utilize Microsoft Office Programs efficiently
• Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (as age appropriate)
• Have access to a vehicle on a regular basis
Canada Summer Job Requirements:
• Must be considered a Youth, between the ages of 15-30 at the start of employment
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
• Possess a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
Summer positions are conditional on Community Care Durham receiving funding from Canada Summer Jobs.
Compensation, Hours & Duration: $14.25 hour plus 4% vacation
June to August–up to 12 weeks 35 hours per week.*
(General office hours 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
* Duration and weekly hours may change due to funding approval
Please apply in writing referencing posting number CSJ-HS-04,
outlining qualifications and experience by
4pm Friday April 12, 2019 to:
Human Resources, Community Care Durham