Canada Summer Jobs
Green Strategy Assistant (Whitby)
We welcome a diligent reliable individual to join our CCD Team!
We are looking for youth to help Community Care Durham develop a Corporate “Go-Green” Strategy. The project would be to research, collaborate, and recommend a plan for Community Care Durham to “go-green”.
This role will plan the approach to, and investigate Community Care Durham’s practices, and desired goals for a “green” strategy. This will involve researching, planning and conducting consultation meetings with stakeholders from front line staff to executive and board members; performing a gap analysis and needs assessment that will improve CCD’s environment footprint while taking into consideration the financial impact of the changes.
The youth will use their knowledge of best practices along with research to make recommendations. At the end of the project, the youth will provide a completed report (SARB) for review by the Senior Team
The successful candidate will:
- Apply strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate sensitivity and compassion to others
- Utilize Microsoft Office Programs efficiently
- Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (as age appropriate)
Canada Summer Job Requirements:
- Must be considered a Youth, between the ages of 15-30 at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
Possess a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
Summer positions are conditional on Community Care Durham receiving funding from Canada Summer Jobs.
Compensation, Hours & Duration: $14.25 hour plus 4% vacation
June to August–up to 12 weeks 35 hours per week.*
(General office hours 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
* Duration and weekly hours may change due to funding approval
Please apply in writing referencing posting number CSJ-CS-03,
outlining qualifications and experience by 4pm Tuesday, March 31, 2020.