Canada Summer Jobs
Government Relations/Fundraising Assistant (Whitby)
We welcome a diligent reliable individual to join our CCD Team!
We are looking for youth to help Community Care Durham to research and design a refreshed corporate strategy to engage public and private funds/donors. This role will also research potential grant opportunities in the private sector (large corporations).
This role will plan and conduct a review of Community Care Durham’s current fundraising practices, and desired goals to engage with individuals and organizations for the purpose of increasing donations. This will involve researching, planning and conducting consultation meetings with stakeholders from front line staff to executive and board members; performing an assessment and make recommendations that will lead to improved awareness in the community for individual donations and tactics to develop governmental and corporate relationships that CCD has with organizations throughout Durham Region and increase donations.
The youth will use their knowledge of best practices along with research to make recommendations. At the end of the project, the youth will provide a completed report (SBAR) for review by the Senior Team.
The successful candidate will:
- Apply strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate sensitivity and compassion to others
- Utilize Microsoft Office Programs efficiently
- Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (as age appropriate)
Canada Summer Job Requirements:
- Must be considered a Youth, between the ages of 15-30 at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
- Possess a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
Summer positions are conditional on Community Care Durham receiving funding from Canada Summer Jobs.
Compensation, Hours & Duration: $14.25 hour plus 4% vacation
May to August–up to 16 weeks 35 hours per week.*
(General office hours 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
* Duration and weekly hours may change due to funding approval
Please apply in writing referencing posting number CSJ-CS-02,
outlining qualifications and experience by 4pm Tuesday, March 31, 2020.