Independent Foot Care Nurses (RN/RPN)
Contract for Services
Community Care Durham is seeking Foot Care Nurses to provide basic foot care through our contracted services to eligible clients in a community clinic setting. Foot Care Nurses will provide awareness regarding proper footwear, foot hygiene and recognition of potential problems.
Foot Care Nurses are Independent Practitioners (not employees of Community Care Durham) and are required to provide their own equipment and ensure Infection Prevention and Control Practices and Standards.
Foot Care Clinics held in Brock, Clarington, Scugog, Uxbridge and Whitby provide services to those who require assistance with foot care due to vision and mobility difficulties or for those who have diabetes. The goal is to provide basic foot care to CCD clients, and to encourage clients to receive assistance from their own physician when problems are identified that do not fall within the scope of the Foot Care Clinic.
The scope of practice has been set up to be completed in 15 minutes and includes the following:
- removing corns
- paring down calluses and heels
- cutting nails
- providing a foot massage with lotion
- basic foot care monitoring
- College of Nurses Registration in good standing with no restrictions
- Proof of Liability insurance as provided through the Registered Nursing Association of Ontario (RNAO) or Registered Practical Nursing Association of Ontario (RPNAO)
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check [PVSC] (within one year)
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (Standard First Aid/CPR)
- Basic and/or Advanced Foot Care Certification
- Nurses must provide their own equipment. Cleaning, sterilizing supplies, gloves and masks are provided.
Compensation: This is a contracted service, Nurses will receive payment of $9.00 per client seen with a minimum payment of $63.00 per clinic. An additional $5.50 per client will be paid for each new client seen for an assessment visit.
Please apply in writing referencing posting number 2018-51, outlining qualifications and experience to:
Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.