Food Service Worker
Community Care Durham is currently seeking an experienced Food Service Worker to join our Congregate Dining program at our Oshawa Supportive Housing location on a casual basis.
Under the direction of the Food Service Coordinator, the Food Service Worker supports the Congregate Dining Program by assisting in the preparation and serving of food, setup and cleaning of dishes and equipment, ensuring cleanliness and safety of the kitchen and food service environment.
Working within Community Care’s policies and procedures, the Food Service Worker provides assistance by:
• Ensuring the safety and cleanliness of the kitchen and serving areas within current food handling practices/ guidelines
• Working with the team, students and volunteers to enhance and encourage positive client experiences
• Accurate cash handling and documentation
• Promoting Community Care Durham services.
Due to the nature of the organization, responsibilities may be revised from time to time.
• Current Safe Food Handling Certificate and experience with quantity food preparation and service
• Food Service Worker Certificate is an asset
• Experience in food preparation and safe storage
• Knowledge of techniques, equipment and products for safe and effective cleaning of institutional or commercial kitchens
• Physical ability sufficient to safely move supplies, and work in a kitchen environment
• Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
• Sensitivity to the needs of the elderly and persons with disabilities
Compensation: $15.94 plus 4% vacation pay.
Please apply in writing referencing posting number 2019-41, outlining qualifications and experience by 4pm Tuesday September 17, 2019 to: Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.