Independent Foot Care Nurses (RN/RPN)
Contract for Services
Community Care Durham is seeking Foot Care Nurses to provide basic foot care through our contracted services to eligible clients in community clinic settings in Durham Region.
Foot Care Nurses will provide awareness regarding proper footwear, foot hygiene and recognition of potential problems.
Foot Care Nurses are Independent Contractors and are required to provide their own equipment and ensure Infection Prevention and Control Practices and Standards.
Foot Care Clinics are held throughout Durham Region providing services to those who require assistance with foot care due to vision and mobility difficulties or for those who have diabetes. The goal is to provide basic foot care to CCD clients, and to encourage clients to receive assistance from their own physician when problems are identified that do not fall within the scope of the Foot Care Clinic.
The scope of practice has been set up to be completed in 15 minutes and includes the following:
• removing corns
• paring down calluses and heels
• cutting nails
- providing a foot massage with lotion
• basic foot care monitoring
• College of Nurses Registration in good standing with no restrictions
• Proof of Liability insurance as provided through the Registered Nursing Association of Ontario (RNAO) or Registered Practical Nursing Association of Ontario (RPNAO)
• Police Vulnerable Sector Check [PVSC] (within one year)
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (Standard First Aid/CPR)
• Basic and/or Advanced Foot Care Certification
• Nurses must provide their own equipment. Cleaning, sterilizing supplies, gloves and masks are provided.
Please apply in writing referencing posting 2020-13 outlining qualifications and experience to: Lorrie Houston, Manager, Home Support via email: firstname.lastname@example.org