COPE Program Assistant
We are seeking an energetic team player with a background in the community mental health field, to join our COPE Mental Health Team as a Program Assistant providing support, guidance and assistance to clients and volunteers.
The COPE Mental Health Program provides community-based mental health support to adults 16 years or older living with Mental Health or life adjustment challenges to maximize their quality of life by providing emotional support, coping and life skills.
Under the general direction of the Mental Health and Wellness Manager, this position is sited at our Whitby office and travel to other CCD locations may be required. The COPE Program Assistant is responsible for the following:
- providing point of contact liaison and general information to clients, volunteers, staff and the public
- client needs assessments, service coordination and group facilitation
- supporting, planning and organizing meetings and events
- assisting with the scheduling and recognition of volunteers
- maintaining filing, reference and resource material
- creating and updating databases, statistical and other program information
- providing program support
- due to the nature of the position, responsibilities may be revised.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in mental health or related field (Social Work, Psychology, Human Services)
- Experience in administrative and customer support
- A solid working knowledge of mental health and addictions service delivery
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate mental health support groups
- Experience with OCAN or other client assessment tools
- Strong assessment skills
- Knowledge of human behavior, learning and motivation
- Experience working with clients from diverse backgrounds experiencing a variety of mental health issues and addiction
- Required to hold a G or G2 class Driver’s Licence
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Compensation: $17.45 – $20.21 per hour; 3 weeks’ vacation per year of work; 11 paid (including stat) holidays; health, insurance and pension benefits after six months of service.
Please apply in writing referencing posting 2020-16 outlining qualifications and experience by
4 pm Tuesday, March 3, 2020 to: Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: email@example.com