COPE Program Manager
The COPE Mental Health Program provides community-based mental health support to adults 16 years or older living with Mental Health or life adjustment challenges to maximize their quality of life by emotional support, coping and life skills. Under the general direction of the Mental Health and Wellness Manager, the COPE Program Manager is responsible for the effective local management and delivery of the mental health program to meet client and program objectives. The COPE Program Manager contributes to the overall functioning of Community Care Durham offices. This is accomplished by providing a wraparound network of support with other CCD services when possible
We are seeking an energetic team player with a strong background in the community mental health field, to provide support, guidance and assistance to clients and volunteers, 21 hours per week.
Under the general guidance of the Mental Health and Wellness Manager and the Director of COPE and Specialized Geriatrics Program, the COPE Program Manager is responsible for the effective local management and delivery of the mental health program to meet client and program objectives.
Knowledge of Durham Region and resources within Durham Region is an asset.
• Post-secondary diploma/degree in mental health or related field (e.g., Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health Services, human services)
• Three years’ experience in community-based mental health services, preferably with supervisory and/or volunteer management responsibilities
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to provide direct client services in the form of case management activities
• Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate mental health support groups for clients and their families
• Ability to provide effective leadership, supervision and support to staff, program volunteers and students.
• Computer competence at an intermediate level in a Microsoft Office environment
• Ability to travel within Durham Region
• Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Compensation: $22.69-$26.28 per hour; Three weeks’ vacation (pro-rated to hours worked); Group Health & Insurance Benefits, Health Care Spending Account, Pension/Retirement Savings Plan as eligible; 11 paid (including stat.) holidays
Please apply in writing referencing posting number 2019-13, outlining qualifications and experience by
4pm Thursday February 21, 2019 to: Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.