Canada Summer Jobs
COPE Mental Health Services Assistant (Whitby)
We welcome a compassionate enthusiastic individual to join our COPE Mental Health Program this summer as a COPE Mental Health Services Assistant!
COPE stands for creating opportunities for personal excellence. COPE is a community mental health service offering support to adults aged 16 and older, with emotional and/or mental health concerns. In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of social and recreational programming activities and attending support groups as needed. Office support involves assisting with administrative duties such as handling the intake and referral process, updating client and volunteer files, updating group and community resources and providing support with the Friendly Visiting and Telephone Reassurance programs. You will also participate in OCAN re-assessment for our current clients.
The successful candidate will:
- Apply strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate sensitivity and compassion to others
- Utilize Microsoft Office Programs efficiently
- Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (as age appropriate)
- Have access to a vehicle (as available)
Canada Summer Job Requirements:
- Must be considered a Youth, between the ages of 15-30 at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
- Possess a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
Summer positions are conditional on Community Care Durham receiving funding from Canada Summer Jobs.
Compensation, Hours & Duration: $14.25 hour plus 4% vacation
June to August–up to 12 weeks 35 hours per week.*
(General office hours 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
* Duration and weekly hours may change due to funding approval
Please apply in writing referencing posting number CSJ-COPE-01,
outlining qualifications and experience by 4pm Tuesday, March 31, 2020.