Program Assistant, Home Support Whitby
Full Time – 35 hours/week
Community Care Durham seeks an experienced team player who is able to work independently, demonstrates commitment to the values and mission of Community Care Durham and the mandate of the Home Support program and has the proven ability to provide administrative support to Service Coordinators and day to day provision of service.
This position is currently sited at our Whitby location and reports to the Home Support Manager.
The Program Assistant is responsible for:
- providing point of contact liaison and general information to clients, staff and the public
- client needs assessment
- maintaining filing, reference and resource material, statistical data, data inputting
- creating and updating databases, statistical and other program information
- providing program support, reception & general office duties
- supporting all aspects of volunteer recruitment, retainment and recognition
- providing back up service coordination
- providing records, reports, spreadsheets & correspondence
- other related duties, as assigned
- due to the nature of the position, responsibilities may need to be revised
- post-secondary diploma in a related field
- knowledge of community support services
- intermediate Microsoft Office computer skills required
- experience in administrative support and customer service
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- strong attention to detail working effectively with deadlines in an environment with frequent interruptions
- ability to work as a team player
- sensitivity to the needs of the elderly and persons with disabilities
- satisfactory police vulnerable sector check
- licensed vehicle and ability to travel within Durham Region
Compensation: $17.16 – $19.87 (Band B); 3 weeks’ vacation per year of work; 13 paid (including stat) holidays; health, insurance and pension benefits when eligible.
Please apply in writing referencing posting number 2018-31, outlining qualifications and experience by 4pm Monday August 20, 2018 to: Human Resources, Community Care Durham email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity, values differences and supports the full participation of all employees. We recognize the importance of ensuring that all job seekers and employees are treated with equal respect and dignity, and are protected from discrimination and harassment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code we provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in an alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please inform our HR department.