Canada Summer Jobs
Assisted Living Services Program Assistant (Oshawa)
We welcome a motivated team player to join our Assisted Living Services Program this summer as an Assisted Living Services Program Assistant!
The Assisted Living Services Program supports high-risk seniors residing at home and who require the assistance of a Personal Support Worker, home making, security checks and reassurance services on a scheduled and unscheduled basis. This program helps to reduce social isolation, depression, unnecessary long-term care or emergency visits and it improves overall health of our clients by providing seamless care at home for seniors who live in identified areas.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with administrative duties including answering the phone, data entry, updating client files, maintaining service records. You will provide client reassurance services, assist with client assessments, update client care plans and handle service requests from clients or other community not-for-profit services. You may also assist with the provision of information, provide referrals for clients to internal and external services and be a part of local priority initiatives as needed.
The successful candidate will:
- Apply strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate sensitivity and compassion to others
- Utilize Microsoft Office Programs efficiently
- Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (as age appropriate)
Canada Summer Job Requirements:
- Must be considered a Youth, between the ages of 15-30 at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
- Possess a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
Compensation, Hours & Duration: $14.25 hour plus 4% vacation
May to August–up to 16 weeks 35 hours per week.*
(General office hours 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
* Duration and weekly hours may change due to funding approval
Please apply in writing referencing posting number CSJ-ALS-01,
outlining qualifications and experience by 4pm Tuesday, March 31, 2020.