Canada Summer Jobs
Adult Day Program Assistant (Uxbridge)
We welcome an energetic compassionate individual to join our Adult Day Program this summer as an Adult Day Program Assistant!
Community Care Durham’s Adult Day Program (ADP) offers individuals the opportunity to socialize with their peers, maintain their level of independence while remaining in the community, and provides an opportunity for caregiver relief. Our team works to meet the needs of clients with limitations resulting from aging, mental and/or physical illness and clients with impaired cognition. A typical day of social and recreational programming in the ADP may include music/art therapy, themed events, baking, IPADS, exercising, gardening, educational and interactive board programming and more!
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with planning and implementing a variety of social and recreational activities for our clients, ensuring client safety and security. In addition, you will assist clients with their activities of daily living and provide support with problem solving to primary caregivers. Office support may include assisting with administrative duties such as updating client files, data entry, creating client intake packages and maintaining service records.
The successful candidate will:
- Apply strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of the elderly, individuals with mental health issues, and persons with disabilities
- Utilize Microsoft Office Programs efficiently
- Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (as age appropriate)
- Work in a safe manner and promote the health and safety of all staff, volunteers, clients and the community as outlined within CCD policies
Canada Summer Job Requirements:
- Must be considered a Youth, between the ages of 15-30 at the start of employment
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
- Possess a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada
Summer positions are conditional on Community Care Durham receiving funding from Canada Summer Jobs.
Compensation, Hours & Duration: $14.25 hour plus 4% vacation
June to August–up to 12 weeks 35 hours per week.*
(General office hours 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)
* Duration and weekly hours may change due to funding approval
Please apply in writing referencing posting number CSJ-ADP-04,
outlining qualifications and experience by 4pm Tuesday, March 31, 2020.