Compensation: $18.17 - $19.65 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Please apply in writing outlining qualifications and experience to:
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKERS
Scheduled Part Time and Casual (Elect-to-Work)
• Personal Support Worker certificate, or RPN with current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Experience in a community setting
• Maintenance of a class G Ontario driving licence and use of a licensed vehicle;
• Satisfactory current criminal reference check including vulnerable sector
• Sensitivity to the needs of the frail elderly and persons with disabilities
• Physical ability sufficient to assist with client transfers and activities of daily living including toileting
• Ability and willingness to accept assignments on short notice and drive within
• Availability for shift work, weekends, statutory holidays
The Assisted Living for High Risk Seniors initiative assists seniors with complex needs to remain in their own homes, with suitable supports. The Assisted Living PSW provides assistance including homemaking (shopping, housecleaning, meal preparation), personal care, security checks, and assisting with routine living activities in the communities of Ajax, Clarington, Oshawa and Whitby.
IN HOME RESPITE / CAREGIVER RELIEF
The PSW provides respite services to clients and support to caregivers of the frail elderly, adults with physical disabilities or the effects of dementia throughout Durham Region. Services may be provided in the client's home, the transportation van and/or the Adult Day Program environment.
Human Resources, Community Care Durham
Community Care Durham is looking for experienced Personal Support Workers to provide assistance to clients in our Assisted Living and our In Home Respite services in Durham Region.