PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKERS
Casual Part Time
Compensation: $19.88 - $22.37 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Please apply in writing outlining qualifications and experience to:
• Personal Support Worker certificate, or RPN with current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Previous experience in a community setting
• Maintenance of a Class G Ontario driving licence and clean Drivers Abstract
• Use of a suitable licensed vehicle and proof of $1,000,000 public liability insurance and the appropriate business-use coverage as required by the Worker's auto insurance
• Satisfactory current criminal reference check including vulnerable sector screening
• Sensitivity to the needs of the frail elderly and persons with disabilities
• Physical ability sufficient to assist with client transfers and activities of daily living (e.g. toileting, bathing, etc.)
• Ability and willingness to accept assignments on short notice and drive within Durham Region regularly (and the wider GTA on occasion)
HOME AT LAST
The "Home At Last" (HAL) Program has been established to assist with timely and safe discharge of hospital patients to their homes in situations where their family or caregiver is not available to transport them home when they are due to be discharged. The HAL PSW provides transition assistance to clients, including transportation from hospital to home and settlement services in the home.
ACCESS TO PRIMARY CARE
The PSW provides safe and escorted transportation to scheduled appointments, assistance in the client's home preparatory to appointments and resettlement of the client in the client's home following appointments.
Human Resources, Community Care Durham
Community Care Durham is looking for experienced Personal Support Workers (PSWs) to provide assistance to clients in our Home at Last Program and Access to Primary Care services. This includes assisting clients with activities of daily living and transportation of clients in the PSW's vehicle as required, in addition to providing settlement services to clients on return home.